Suggest treatment for bruises on the arms while on Verapamil and Lisinopril

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: I get bruising on my arms and hands if I bump anything ever so lightly. I do take 3 blood pressure meds. Verapamil, lisinopril, and metoporol. I can't figure out what causes this. I am a 70 year old male and in relatively good health
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not because of these drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hi

These three drugs don't cause bleeding. It can be because of various reasons, like age related weakening of blood vessel walls, low platelets, impaired clotting function, or antiplatelet drugs like aspirin.

I would suggest doing blood platelets count and coagulation tests. If these are normal then possibly age related. Nothing to worry.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 days later
I am suffering pain in my buttocks, and down the front and backs of my legs all the way to my feet. I have trouble sleeping at night because I can not get my legs in a comfortable. What causes this and is there anything (meds) that can help with this condition? Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
may be because of lumbar spine problem

Detailed Answer:
Symptoms are suggestive of nerve compression at lumbar spine level. For confirmation, MRI of spine can be done.

Fro relief, can take meds like pregabalin but they are available on prescription only.