Suggest treatment for bruised toe
I suggest a Nail Biopsy
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the image
I can see a broad, vertical dark band of pigmentation of greater toe nail i.e Longitudinal Melanonychia.
I can also see that there is pigmentation of adjacent proximal nail fold.
I won't dismiss this as simply due to trauma.
I would rather keep a possibility of Melanoma and I suggest a nail biopsy in view of that.
A vertical band/ longitudinal melanonychia wider than 2-3 mm and pigmentation of adjacent proximal nail fold i.e Hutchinson's sign, is very suggestive of Melanoma.
Kindly visit a dermatologist in your region for the needful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for badly bruised big toe
- Suggest treatment for bruise on stomach
- What treatment for a bably bruised toe
- Suggest treatment for swollen bruise on thighs
- Treatment for bruised toe
- Suggest treatment for bruise and pus on the shin
- Suggest treatment for swollen bruise on forehead
- Suggest treatment for pain and infection in toe
- What is the treatment for bruised toe nails
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes