• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bruised ribs

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I fell and bruised my right side, it has bee almost 3 weeks and i am still not better i have much work to do and wondered if prednisone would heal it faster i should have said my ribbs
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prednisone is not a good idea.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Prednisone wont help at all. If you have injured ribs, it is possible that one of them is broken. This is very common and leads to pain. Such pain can last from 3 to 6 weeks.
As it is 3 weeks after the injury, it should start improving. Unfortunately there is not much you can do to accelerate this process. Diclophenac can help with the pain.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon