Suggest treatment for bruise on left eye after injury

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: Hi Dr, my cousin sister just fell while playing outdoor, she has bruise on her left eye, she's not complaining of much pain but when touched she feels pain, We haven't given her any medicine, I've attached an image of the same, please advise.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please add the photo once again.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Can you please attach a photo once again as there is no photo visible right now. Has she lost her consciousness? Does she have vomiting, nausea, dizziness?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 35 minutes later
She is fine, no complications, I have attached the image of the hurt area, plz advise.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is just a bruise. No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
This is just a bruise. Due to veins rupture caused by an injury, blood has appeared ion the soft tissues. This is nothing serious and no need to be concerned.
In some cases such bruise and pain is a sign of fracture in this area. But most of fractures in this area do not need any treatment at all.

The bruise can be present for few weeks. During that time it will change colors from purple to green. This is very normal thing.

For now no need to do anything with it. If there will be pain still present after few days, an x-ray or better CT should be done to rule possible fractures out. In case of nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, she should consult neurologist.

The best she can do now, is to rest and have lukewarm compresses from time to time.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon