Suggest treatment for brown marks on the neck

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My daughter xxxxx is 7 years old.For few days i have noticed 4 or 5 brown mark on the skin of her neck.They have slightly rough surface as shown in the attached picture.No itching or burning sensation is there.I would like to ask Dr.S.Kakkar,Dermatologist-
1.What are these spots?
2. Is that curable?
3. What are treatment options?
No medication is going on and we did not consult any doctor for this problem.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appear to be Acquired Melanocytic Nevi (AMNs)

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the Image

These appear like Acquired Melanocytic Nevi (AMNs) i.e moles.
Acquired Melanocytic Nevi appear more commonly on sun exposed sites e.g face, neck etc and increase in number during childhood. Sometimes, AMNs may also regress spontaneously.
Kindly upload a few more clear and focused Images, preferably in daylight so that I am able to confirm the diagnosis
Though melanocytic nevi are just a cosmetic concern, they can be treated with a laser e.g Carbon Dioxide Laser. She may get them removed from a Dermatologist once she gets older and if she is concerned about them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad