• question-icon

Suggest treatment for bronchitis

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: sir what is the meaning of bronchitic changes ? is it a serious illness?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, it is not serious illness.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Bronchitis is inflammation of airways.
Most common cause for this is viral infection.
Other causes are bacterial infection, smoking, chemical fumes, dust etc.
And it is usually treated by antibiotics, anti inflammatory, antihistamine and bronchodilator drugs.
Usual course of treatment is 10-15 days.
Plenty of fluids orally and warm water gargles 5-6 times a day also helpful for faster recovery.
So it is not serious illness.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Actually my daughter has been suffering from fever and cough since 15 XXXXXXX 2017. but we have visit doctor and take medicine. she was cure within one day. but she has been again suffering form fever and cough on 28 XXXXXXX 2017. at a strach 5 day she has suffer from fever. two days before we have seen blood in her sputum. doctor advise chest x ray, blood test and sputum test. in the x ray report result is BRONCHITIC CHANGE. ACCENTUATED BRONCHOVASCULAR MARKING SEEN IN BOTH LUNG FIELD is also write on the above of x ray report.
So is it simple infection or not ! may it harm the future of the child and is it TB disease?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Bronchitis can also cause hemoptysis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Your daughter is having hemoptysis (blood in sputum). And most common cause for this is bronchitis.
Her chest x ray is not having tuberculosis or pneumonia. So no need to worry much for bronchitis.
No need to worry for serious illness.
Continue her treatment and she will be alright.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your daughter. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist