question-icon

Suggest treatment for bronchitis with COPD

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: I don't cough when I laydown. Only when I am sitting up in my chair. I can feel it gurgle in my chest? Thanks for your time, XXXXXXX ..
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Lung infection with COPD. Bronchodilators, Mucolyt Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I suspect these symptoms are due to Lung infections Bronchitis accompanied with preexisting COPD ( Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). These could by mostly by a infection in lungs. As you have the COPD, you lungs are unable to clear out the mucus because of narrow airway tubes. Thus you are having cough to expel the sputum out but you cannot. Also the gurgle sound is due to mucus or sputum in the lung. Now you are in need of Bronchodilators like salbutamol inhalers with mucolytics like Guiafenesin with Ambroxal three or 4 times a day. In addition, you need antibiotics like Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid 625 mg for 7 days. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Dr. Manjeth Kumar G