Suggest treatment for bronchitis, fatigue and night sweats

Posted on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Sick 10 days, diagnosed with bronchitis 4 days ago. Serious fatigue, no appetite (have lost 7.6 pounds to 124.7 now). Bad joint pain and headache. Night sweats 74 year old female. Never felt worse.
PA at FAST MED Friday said to be patient but to come back if I grew worse. Certainly NO BETTER.
Should I see him again tomorrow?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should consider seeing your doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query to HCM

I think you should definitely go see your doctor tomorrow.
Bronchitis is a common cold with predominant cough. But if you are having fever more then 3-5 days, not in good general condition, losing weight, ect (so basically not getting better but getting worse) then you should be checked for pneumonia or other complications.
Antibiotics in general should work within 2-3 days of starting using them. Bronchitis is not generally treated with antibiotic, but apparently your doctor has covered it.
But anyway, since its not working, maybe he/she has given you not a full dose, or if he has given a full dose maybe he should consider adding the treatment.

Hope this is helpful
Let me know if you have other questions. I would be happy to answer.

Dr. Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Klarida Papaqako