Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
Bronchiectasis and NTM are chronic diseases.
Myself Dr Kaushal Bhavsar. I am practising pulmonologist in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Bronchiectasis is chronic disease in which the bronchi of affected area are dilated. So in dilated bronchi cough tend to accumulate and cause infection and cough. With this you are also having NTM (Non Tubercular Mycobacteria) abscess, which is also a chronic disease. NTM needs atleast 12 months of treatment so if you have ccompleted the course , I will suggest you to consult pulmonologist again and get done repeat chest x ray and NTM culture. If culture is negative than you can stop NTM treatment.
For treatment of bronchiectasis follow this steps.
1. Pulmonary Rehabilitation in form of chest physiotherapy and deep breathing exercise.
2. Discuss with your pulmonologist for respiratory vaccines like pneumococcal and influenza.
3. Take mucolytic agents both in tablet and syrup form.
4. Antibiotic prophylaxis with macrolides.
5. Do continue your inhalers regularly even if you feel better.
6. Stop mucolytics and inhalers when you have hemoptysis. As this can increase hemoptysis.
Discuss all these things with pulmonologist for better control of bronchiectasis .
Hope I have cleared all your queries. I will be happy to solve other queries if you have.
Wish you good XXXXXXX Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for cylindrical bronchiectasis
- Treatment and cure for central bronchiectasis
- What are the possible treatments for bronchiectasis
- Achromobacter xylosoxidans in bronchiectasis treatment
- Treatment and cure for bronchiectasis
- What is the treatment for mild bronchiectasis in lung
- Is ventolin hfa used in the treatment of bronchiectasis?
- Bronchiectasis cough treatment
- Angiokeratoma bronchiectasis
- Treatment and cure for post tubercular bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?