• question-icon

Suggest treatment for broken ribs

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have broken at least one or two ribs...Can I KinseoTape them.

I just want to know about caring for my broken ribs until I go to the ER in the morning.
IT seems that by the time I get a response it will be morning and I will already have gone to the ER.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's important to breath normally

Detailed Answer:
Hello !Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic .
I have gone through your question.

I would recommend before you consider any kind of therapy to be physical examination by and an X-ray by a local doctor.He/she will see what are the broken ribs and to rule ou the lungs, blood vessel or any other internal organs are afffected.

-While you ribs get healed ( will take time ) its very important to breath and cough normaly so you can prevent any lung infection.
Kineso -Tap wil help you for the pain but its important not to compromise your chest muscles, so I would not reccomend to use any bandage if it compromise your breathing .If you can breath normally and deep with Kineso -Tap,you can use it.

Meanwhile keep doing:Rest , use ice only the first day after that use warm conpresess, take painkillers, breathe normally ( its important)

Hope my answer is helpful.
Let me know if you have any other questions, i will be happy to help.
Wish you good health .
Take Care !

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Rudina Balliu