Suggest treatment for broken ribs in an elderly person

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello. I am 61 year old female who has a horse and still rides. I have had ringing in my ears for years now, spinal injuries to my spine, with two lower vertebrae cemented. My neck was diagnosed with cervical degeneration years ago. It cracks and I live with tinittus and constant headaches. The last fall from my horse I suffered a concussion I believe but was not diagnosed, as I had broken ribs and wrist but when I got home I was confused for days. Please help. Oh I also lived in the Mountains and thought I may have possible Lyme disease as I was diagnosed with fibre some years ago as well. I also had squamous cell carcinoma, chemo radiation and hep C treated with Harvoni...now clear.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further details needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. As I can understand, you have suffered from multiple ailments. However, it is not clear what sort of guidance you seek from me. I would insist you to enumerate your queries and based on that I would definitely guide you further.

Please confirm if you need to ask about PTSD. If so, mention what sort of guidance you seek from me in this regard.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 38 minutes later
I want to know if I should be querying possible brain tumor or mennigitis? My doctor has addressed each issue as they came but fails to see that I am in incredible pain and feel suicidal. I just paid to be told nothing ....I am very very discouraged at reaching out. Nobody is helping me.I just retired from psychiatric nursing and do understand PTSD. No I am not asking about this as much as I'm suffering from pain, possible swollen brain. What are the tests I need to ask my doctor to follow up as it appears I need to guide him towards the direction of proper care.
Sincerely, XXXXXXX xxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
List mentioned

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I understand your concerns. I think that you should insist your doctor to get the following done:
* CT Scan of the brain
* Complete blood counts
* Blood for C-Reactive protein

If the above tests do not yield any problems you can get assured that there is nothing ominous going on. The doctor would be able to examine you and suggest suitable medication.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 hours later
Thank you very much. God Bless you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your blessings. May you stay healthy. Feel free to write back directly to me if you ever have a health related query in the future.