Suggest treatment for breathing problem with history of heart disease

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have heart disease and a pacemaker. Last night I was having problems breathing while sleeping and this afternoon I can't lie down without breathing problems.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
consult cardiologist

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
I need more details about your symptoms to be better able to help you.

Breathing difficulty on lying down can be due to cardiac origin. Since you have pacemaker due to heart disease, you have to consult your cardiologist for clinical examination and investigations. Cause can be Cor pulmonale or congestive heart failure.
I suggest to you to see your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj