Suggest treatment for breathing issues and swelling in the feet

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I'm having problems with breathing and both my feet are overly swelled and red also they itch . if im not moving the breathing seems ok but when i get up and walk i go 15 feet and im breathing hard
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Your symptoms seem to be related to heart failure or to an allergic reaction (although an allergic reaction would not be influenced by movement or walking).

I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and some tests:

- a chest X ray study
- a resting ECG and a cardiac ultrasound
- some blood lab tests (complete blood count, PCR, ESR, blood electrolytes, kidney and liver function tests).

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri