Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty and shortness of breath

Dr. Ganesh

Posted on Wed, 12 Nov 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi,
From the last year onwards I am having breathing difficulty. When it happen last time I went for asthiilin nebulization. After that whole year I did not have any problems. But from last 10 15 days I am facing problem again. I am facing shortness of breathing. Doctor suggested me to take asthiilin inhaler but I did not. I thought it would lead to addiction because last time it got cleared automatically. Plaease suggest me regarding my problem... Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Two possibilities.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic. I am Dr Ganesh.

1.In the case there are two possibilities which need to evaluate - first thing is cardiac cause can cause such symptoms.

2.Second possible cause could be the lung pathology itself, could be asthma ( allergic ) or COPD - chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

3.For this you need to get an x-ray chest - that will give a over view of the chest pathologies and cardiac general view, but for asthma special breathing test need to be done.

4.An ECG for a over view of the cardiac pathologies, echocardiography would give additional information.

5.So please get evaluate the cause and treated accordingly.

Good luck.
Hope i have answered your query,
any thing to ask ? do not hesitate to ask.
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ganesh/62888
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D