Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty and abdominal swelling

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: whenever i go in any dusty area my breathing become faster nd my stomuch start swell
give me solution how i overcome to this problem ?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow the advises.. maintain a healthy lifestyle..

Detailed Answer:
Hello Abhay, Welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Well it seems like your allergy prone to dust and dusty area and most effective solution is to avoid getting exposed to dusty areas/over-crowded places in the first places..

Still if you have to go to those area, always carry a face mask (triple layered disposable Surgical Mask) and put it on before getting exposed to such area..

Always try to stay in fresh air circulation and avoid congested atmosphere..stay away from the a/c ducts and vents too..

Start taking steam inhalation for the time being twice daily (one in the morning after getting up fro bed and once before bedtime at night)..avoid any form of smoking (if you do)..

Always try to maintain clean, dust free atmosphere even at home (regular change of linens are of extreme importance)..installing air-purifier at home can also be tried for long-term benefits in this regards..

If despite following all these, problems persist, then you may try using antiallergic medicaton like MONLUKAST/LEVOCETIRIZINE 10mg/5mg COMBINATION (eg. Montek-LC) once daily at bedtime for 15 days and observe how you stay..

Avoid excessive spicy/junk/deep fried foods as they tend to precipitate this condition..

Just follow all these and let me know how you stay in the due course..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee 6 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your Answer.

I need little bit more clarification about my stomach swelling problem.. Whenever I take my dinner at night...my stomach get start swelling and its create problem in breathing and in this condition I have to work hard to take breath inside.

So please confirm why this situation come to me and how I can avoid it...if any medicine which help me to come out from this problem.

Abhay
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some further details regarding..

Detailed Answer:
Hello Abhay, Welcome back,
Thanks for following up,

Well, in your initial query you've mentioned "whenever I go in any dusty area my breathing become faster nd my stomach start swell" and in this follow-up you've mentioned "Whenever I take my dinner at night...my stomach get start swelling and its create problem in breathing and in this condition I have to work hard to take breath inside."

- So please let me know are you experiencing both these problems at the same times or from time to time, it's important to know as both of these may or may not be interrelated..

--Additionally, please let me know,

-are you experiencing any pain abdomen also?

-is there any burning sensation over the stomach region or throat or any acidity problems?

-are you on any medications for any other health concerns?

-anything which relieves/worsens this present problem?

-how is your bowel habits?

-any other history of medical/surgical ailments?

-any smoking/alcohol intake?

-any other problems, feel free to share..

Let me know all these specific details so that I can guide you further..

Take Care
Kind Regards