Suggest treatment for breast pain

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Breast pain in left breast when laying on stomach. Dont feel lumps. Can see a small area toward bottom of breast that is a hue of light purple. And a small bruise further down that i just noticed today. Have yearly mamo and had last one in april. Should i see my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need a little more information to help you better understand

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I do have a few questions to better understand your condition and to find the cause, before we can move forward and before advising you to meet your doctor. These are only for our better understanding on the subject:

+Do you have any gastrointestinal conditions? : As they can cause pain, heartburn, discomfort in the chest region
+Could you please attach clear images of the bruise to our discussion for my examination? You can do so by either finding the attach option or by emailing them to me at:

YYYY@YYYY

and please do mention 'ATTN: Dr. Shoaib Khan' in the subject line so it can be easily directed towards me

+Is the bruised region around where the underwire of your brassiere?
+Any recent injuries or trauma to the region that you can think of?
+Currently on any medications?
+Any medically diagnosed conditions?

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Yes i have ibs and have had acid problems in the past. Not where underwire hits from bra. No trauma or injury that I remember. Never had a bruise in this location before. Not on any meds
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a yeast infection from the accumulation of sweat in the region

Detailed Answer:
Hi ma'am.

Thank you for the co-operation.

The images do provide a better insight on the cause, and due to the appearance and location I suspect a fungal infection most probably due to sweating. I would recommend the use of clotrimazole cream over the region twice daily for about 7-10 days.

Please write back to me on 2 occasions:

1. 3 days from the first application of the cream to report on the response, along with an image of the region for a comparison

2. After 7 days, with a clear image of the region to decide whether or not to continue the application of the cream for another 3 days or not

I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Brief Answer:
Not a sign of cancer ma'am, do not worry :)

Detailed Answer:
Hi ma'am.

Not a sign of cancer. Cancer symptoms include:

+Nipple discharge
+Redness, swelling, warmth of the breast (skin changes)
+Lump in the breast (usually palpable or found on mammogram)
+Ulcers
and a few others.

Best wishes. :)