Suggest treatment for breast pain

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Nov 2014 in Lump
Question: i have a squeezing feeling (under my breasts) with pain in upper left area. There are also times when I get what I call a spasm or cramp...same spot as the pain, and I literally cannot move when that happens. Although the squeezing feeling is across the entire front, the "pain" is usually from upper left (under breast) to behind left shoulder blade. I had 1/2 kidney removed 18mo ago (on left) for cancer. MRI in XXXXXXX was good..and blood work and chest xray end of September were all good. This is not the 1st time this has happened Endoscopy has come back normal, also had some tests on my gallbladder and apparently my gallbladder function is not low enough to be causing my sypmtoms?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
This is an excellent question and I'll workup provided with some information and recommendations. What we want to make sure of is that you don't have some type of cardiac or pulmonary cause of the symptoms. For this reason I think you probably need to get a cardiac workup and if that is negative you might need to have some imaging of your chest performed to make sure you don't have something like a pulmonary embolism which is contributing to your symptoms.

Other considerations include esophageal spasm which can sometimes cause pain similar to that which you described.

I can appreciate that these symptoms are frustrating but I would encourage you to continue to follow up with your primary care physician to try to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again for sending her question. Please let us if you have any additional concerns in the future.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga