Suggest treatment for breast pain
My wife started to get heavy pain on her left breast since yesterday night.
Actually 1 hr before that, her area above left breast was pressed a bit heavily...
The pains are v high. Can you please advise
A soft tissue injury
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain she is feeling is due to a soft tissue injury in the area.
For symptomatic relief:
1. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
2. Cold compresses to her breast will be useful pain relieving measure. She may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
In case there is a persistent pain and any visible swelling in the area then stronger prescription pain killers and antibiotics may be needed after a direct examination by your physician to rule out any hematoma formation or a rib fracture.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast pain and breast cancer
- Breast pain in 1 breast
- Breast pain in right breast
- What is the cause and treatment for breast pain
- Breast pain in both breasts
- What treatment should be taken for breast pain
- Breast pain in left breast
- Treatment for breast pain
- Breast pain side of breast
- Treatment and cure for breast pain