Suggest treatment for breast fibroids

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015 in Women's Health
Question: good evening doc,

I have breastfeeding lumps which are diagnosed as fibroid and doc said they harmless... but now I find when am gaining fat I found there are armpit..

Is there any medicine for breast lump reduction and armpit lump reduction .
Answered by Dr. Nishikant Shrotri 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Benigh tumour should not cause worry

Detailed Answer:
Breast fibroids, if they have been told to you as harmless, you need not worry.
In fact fibroids are non-cancerous tumours. They do not get dissolved or faded just like that. Particularly in breast, if they are not causing any problem, they can be left without any intervention.
However, these tumours have to be observed that they are moving freely in the breasts and are not adherent to any tissue; since that is a sign of cancer.
These tumours are usually painless. However, if pain develops, it generally suggests the infection and will require antibiotics.
These tumours cannot be reduced in number or size by any medicines. If at all you do not want them, they will have to be removed surgically.
Are you sure, your armpit lump is fibroid and not a fatty lump? Please get it confirmed from your surgeon.
Have you undergone any investigations like x-rays, ultrasonography or mammography? If so please inform me the reports. Then I can rethink whether this advice needs any modification.
Prima facae, from the very short information you have provided, it seems that you do not require any treatment for that. However, if they start increasing in size causing personal or aesthetic problems, they will have to be removed.
Now a days, there are quite aesthetic type of incisions taken for such surgery which barely show later on. Of course if needed, plastic surgery also is available for vanishing the scar. Of course that is costly affair.
Meanwhile, please support your breasts with good supporting bras so that the discomfort arising out of hanging due to weight if any can be taken care of.
I hope, I have answered your questions based on a short information provided and have clarified your doubts.
If you have got any more doubts, I shall be available to answer them. However, please tell me the reports of the different investigations you have undergone.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Nishikant Shrotri 15 minutes later
Thank you for the information doctor

Is there any homeopathy medicine for breast reduction and armpit lump reduction.

In the net I saw Reduction 1000 medicine for breast reduction. .how far is it reliable.
Answered by Dr. Nishikant Shrotri 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No medicine in allopathy

Detailed Answer:
As I informed you, there is no medicine in allopathy which can reduce the fibroadenoma of the breast. Reduction 1000 as mentioned by you seems to be the medicine for reduction in breast size. I have got great doubts whether it can work on Fibroids. I could not get any reference of any medicine for reduction of fibroadenoma of breasts. Please consult your surgeon for opinion if you are so uncomfortable with the tumours. Otherwise wait and see.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Nishikant Shrotri

OBGYN