Suggest treatment for brain tumour

Dr. Ishu Bishnoi

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 14 Nov 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: The doctor advised to have an operation for the tumour. Would like to have second opinion about this.
Answered by Dr. Ishu Bishnoi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
meningioma treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX thanks for asking from HCM.

I can understand your concern. The brain tumor is meningioma. It is a benign tumor. After complete surgical resection along with attachment, chances of recurrence is very very low. It is a slow growing tumor and can take 5-10 years to grow upto 3cm.

In your case, another possibility is Hemangiopericytoma. It is relatively a fast growing tumor. It should be resected.

In your case, good part is its size is less than 4cm and it is in anterior part of brain. In this part, resection is easy and brain damage does not cause much deficit.

You should get it surgically removed. Because your age is only 60 years, the tumor diagnosis is not clear and it is in anterior part. Delaying surgery can cause increase in size, increase in brain edema, risk of seizures.

If possible, please send me the images of your tumor. That will help me in telling you more.

Thanks. take care. If still in doubt, do let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar