Suggest treatment for brain lesions

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
What causes deep brain lesions and also shallow ones?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is necessary to provide more information about your symptoms.

Also please provide the full MRI report by attaching it as a picture here.

Lesions you describe may be caused by trauma, but also from chronic hypertension, neurodegenerative diseases, ministrokes, etc.

Waiting.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for brain lesions 3 hours later
The concussion I got in September 1961 hit me so hard in the head that it left the impression in the top of my head.turned the top of my head all black and blue. I used to get terrible head aches . The only way I could get rid of them was to go to sleep. I don’t get them as often now but do get headaches in different areas of my head at times. I have suffered with tinnedis of some degree most of the time since. I have on occasion had dizzy spells. If I move quickly. My memory is such that I meet a new person and turn around and I have forgotten lt. I can be telling a story and be interrupted maybe for 2 or3 minutes and I will forget what I was talking about. It was not always that way. I always had a good memory and the strange thing about it I can still remember things from long ago but I may forget a name at the time I’m talking but later in the day it come to me out of the blue or it might be 2 or 3 days it will pop into my head.i have woken up in the night and say the name in my sleep. The headaches I get may occur in different spots on the top or sides of my head. I really do not know much about this new electronic equipment so my use on this equipment is limited. My wife or family will get me going. I really dont retain something until I due repeadly. Same for remembering a name of a person. I have to see them for a period of time often. The if I don’t see them for awhile I will forget there name. To the point of asking them. I hope this helps you to understand what I’m up against. Thank you for your patience.

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Trauma very unlikely to cause your actual issues.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for the additional information.

Recent memory problems may be a normal feature as we age.

If this interfere with your every day life and is considered moderate to severe, mild cognitive impairment should be considered as the diagnosis.

A neurological evaluation and proper tests are necessary to evaluate correctly this possibility.

Regarding to the past trauma, is very unlikely that the episode of the 1961 to cause your actual issues.

However, still is necessary to provide the MRI report or images in order for me to get a correct understanding of the nature of the lesions.

Hope this helps.

Regards.