Suggest treatment for bone spurs

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: WHAT IS THE BEST METHOD TO ELIMINATE BONE SPURS IN THE FEET AND IS THEIR A METHOD TO REDUCE THE PAIN WHILE THE SPURS ARE HEALING.........AND CAN THEY BE HEALED WITHOUT A SURGICAL PROCEDURE
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
non surgical options are not available

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.

I wish there was a medicine / non surgical option that would dissolve bone spurs but unfortunately there is not. The non operative solution would be to accommodate the bump in your foot wear or to protect / pad that particular area.

Bony prominences in the foot can be surgically removed. usually your physician would want an X-ray first to find out exactly what is causing he spur. Analgesic like diclofenac or ibuprofen can be taken whenever you have pain.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ashwini Kolur