Suggest treatment for bone spurs in neck and bulging disc

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014 in Back Pain
Question: I am a 35 year old 5'5" 185 lbs female. I am an EMT that works 24 hr shifts and I am always lifting patients and climbing in and out of the ambulance. My back doctor has told me I have bone spurs in my neck and bulging discs. I also have osteoarthritis. I have done numerous MRIs, injections, gone to the chiropractor, therapy, ice packs, heating pads, you name it, I've done it. I take Mobic for my arthritis and I have been on it for so long that I believe it doesn't work as well anymore. I am constantly in pain, and have been for years, but I smoke, so my back doctor won't give me any kind of medication whatsoever.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you may need surgical decompression.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have studied your case.
As you are not getting relief with medical therapy I will advise you to go for surgical decompression.
If MRI shows single nerve root compression then you can do endoscopic spine decompression.
Many of my patients get relief with yoga and pranayama, and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX so you can also start that.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer your question. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon