Suggest treatment for boils on genital area

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I got tiny boils on my genitals. I consulted a GP who prescribed levocetirizine tablets and herpex 5% aciclovir cream,for a 5 days course. I followed it and got cured. After a week I was sexually active and the boils reappeared. I have no extra marital affairs
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please read my explanation so you can better understand

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Sir, as you clearly responded to the herpes medication and your doctor suspected herpes and suggested the treatment to you after a physical examination.

This means that you have herpes and need a more elaborate treatment regimen. I would recommend the following:

+ Get yourself and your sexual partner (your wife I am assuming) tested for herpes.

+You have only one sexual partner, and that means that if you have herpes then your partner will also have herpes

+This is what could have happened, you were treated for herpes and when you had sexual contact with your partner then you could have retracted herpes from her once again

So you both need to get tested for herpes, and you both need to get treated for herpes at the same time. Do not have sexual contact until at least 2 weeks after the last dose of the medications.

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 11 hours later
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of queries
1. So far my wife has not complained of any issues,also the recurrence of blisters/boils occur even without an Intercourse - with just rubbing
2. I am a diabetic,does that cause any issues
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It still can take place; yes diabetes can contribute

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

May be her immunity is somewhat better than yours which can cause the symptoms to not appear. Diabetes (Especially when poorly controlled) can cause a lowered immunity and this an aggravation of conditions like herpes.

I would strongly recommend testing of both you and your wife, I hope this is not a problem. Does your wife know about your herpes diagnosis? If not, then we will have to try a different approach to get her to get tested.

2. Yes, diabetes can affect your immunity causing your healing to slow down and also a lowered state of immunity causing the infection to get aggravated more easily

I am always here to help, so please do not hesitate to write back to me.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan