Suggest treatment for boil on bumps

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi doc,
I have got a boil kind of thing on my bumps and it is paining a lot. can you please suggest me any medicine/ointment.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical photograph required.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

Madam if possible kindly upload the picture of lesion.
Clinical examination will be more informative.

Thanks
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 29 hours later
hi doc, this has happened to my brother it is very painful on second day and he got fever as well. please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infectious pathology suspected,antibiotic required

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome again,

A similar painful lesion in another family member accompanied by fever suggests an infectious lesion.
The lesion could be a boil or folliculitis.
Folliculitis is infection and inflammation of hair follicle.
Boil and follculitis both are painful and appear red.
Pressure increases the pain.
If these features are present, then do not touch the lesion.
A topical and oral antibiotic will help.
However, do consult your primary health care provider for clinical assessment and prescription of antibiotic.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 18 minutes later
hi doc, it has happened to my brother only and not to any other family member.please find attached the pic of lesion .he has taken 3 doses septran till now.can you please suggest medicine for him.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No photo attachment

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome again,

I think there is some problem in the uploading process since I cannot view any attachment with your query.
Kindly, upload again.
You can also send it to me at YYYY@YYYY and address it to my name: Dr. Shailja Puri Wahal

Thanks
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Follow up: Dr. Shailja Puri 22 minutes later
hi doc,
I have just sent a mail.
please let me know if you have received it.
thanks
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Lesion appears to be cellulitis, a skin infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome again,

Yes, I have received the mail.
The lesion appears red and inflamed.
The lesion appears to be a large boil or cellulitis.
Cellulitis is a skin infection and inflammation of the skin.
A broad spectrum antibiotic will be required to treat the infection.
Consult your primary health cere provider for prescription of broad spectrum antibiotic which will clear the infection.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T