Suggest treatment for body rash after using soap

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what over the counter body medication may I use to address body rash as a result of using Chlorophyll based soap?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image and provide more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
Where all do you have rash? Is it itchy? Can you please upload an image in "Reports Section"?
For a localized allergic rash one may use an OTC topical steroid e.g cortisone cream however if the rash is extensive one may require a course of oral steroid. However, Oral steroids are prescription medications.
In addition you may take a tablet of cetrizine for symptomatic relief from itching. Cetrizine os OTC.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Hi Dr. Kakkar;

I appreciate your prompt response. I've attached photo copies of my arms, and legs showing the s rashes in question. The breakout happened the day after I TOOK A shower and laddered up with the soap bar containing Chlorophyll.

I've also attached a copies of the box the bar soap came in.
XXXXXXX

By the way, the rash is very itchy, as well. It all begins on Sunday, February 12th. I wonder how much longer do I have to endure this.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczematous dermatitis. Topical potent steroid cream and Oral antihistamine

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you. I have reviewed the Images. You seem to have an eczematous dermatitis and it definitely seems very itchy.
I would definitely suggest a moisturizer, 2x daily. In addition to that you may use either a moderately potent topical steroid cream e.g betamethasone valerate 0.1% cream or mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or preferably a superpotent topical steroid e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream, 2x daily for a few days. These are prescription topical steroids. An over the counter (OTC) topical steroid like cortisone would be only mildly effective.
In addition you may also take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching. Cetrizine is available OTC

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 15 minutes later
Could you call a prescription for me at?.....

Departments: Walgreens Pharmacy
Address: 7925 XXXXXXX Hwy, XXXXXXX FL 0000
Hours: Open today · 7AM–10PM · See more hours
Phone: (000) 000-0000
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly talk to your local general practitioner.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Good evening.
I am from XXXXXXX Unfortunately, I can only suggest you to talk to your General Prescription who is registered to practice in your country and ask him/her for a prescription.
Kindly go through the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.