Suggest treatment for body acne

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Mon, 11 Sep 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: yes my husband has body acne but to the point where he gets big boils that the skin wraps around the boil from the inside out... he also gets multiple break outs on his back, buttocks and legs... we have been to multiple dermatologist and they all say the same thing, dry skin. he has dry skin but we have tried all types of moisturizers and pills but nothing is getting done or clearing up... can you help?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management of Acne

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HCM

Acne management can be very frustrating and require long term management.
Always make sure to keep your skin clean. Wash face and body using gentle moisturizing soap and water.
Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and 10% glycolic acid - However, this can cause dry skin. If so, discontinue benzyl peroxide and glycolic acid, since your husband already has dry skin
Applying sulfur cream on comedones can prevent progression to acne.

Isotretinoin which is oral treatment can be taken for 15-20 weeks and produces long-term remission of acne symptoms .Oral antibiotics like doxycycline are also indicated.

Use moisturizers containing Aloe vera, Hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Use Niacinamide 5% Face Serum which will keep the skin moisturized and prevent acne outbreak.

Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T