question-icon

Suggest treatment for body aches, sore throat and ear pain

Posted on Wed, 17 May 2017
Question: I have had the following symptoms since Monday, body ache, cough, sore throat and minor ear pain. My throat culture came back negative. However, I developed mild symptoms of vertigo on friday that lasted till Sunday morning. I felt better Sunday until tonight . My body kills everywhere and I have a pain on my lower left side of my back and my throat is hurting again. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Acute phartngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You are having acute pharngeal infection with eustachian tube blockage. The ear pain is due to eustachian tube blockage caused by congestion in The throat which causes middle ear infection.
The neck pain may be due to an abscess in neck or lymphadenopathy.
The back pain is probablydue to asthenia due to illness.
Please send me the pictures of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Also tell me what medicines have u been taking so far?
Can you feel any swellings in the neck too?
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist