Suggest treatment for blurry vision and dizziness

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi
Ive had something very bad happen to ne last night. I wasnt doing anything in particulr and suddenly my head felt like it blew up like a balloon and very hot. As if i was laying upside down for 10 minutes. I panicked and then it made it worse. I have never ever felt this before. My whole left side went tingley and numb, dizziness and blurry. It was so scary and has happened once today also. Not as bad today ! Please help i think maybe to do sith all the pressure in my head ?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This may be nothing,but I suggest further evaluation since it may indicate in some cases transitory ischemic attacks so called TIA and rarely even sign of brain aneurysm. So you should do neurological examination and head CTscan for a start. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 39 minutes later
What is TIA ? I did a I did scan last night CT and then i have a MRI tomorrow ct was clear :) so we are foung to do MRI tomorrow - ot was a cery acary feeling
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TIA means sudden decrease in blood flow in carotid or intracranial vessels.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

TIA means that there was sudden decrease in blood flow in carotid or intracranial vessels. It may happen if there is atherosclerosis of carotid vessels or spasm of brain vessels. MRI should rule this out and you should not be afraid of it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj