Suggest treatment for blurred vision with pressure in the eyes

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Today morning all of a sudden I developed blurred vision....It increased as the day passed by....I
went a an eye specialist....He checked the pressure in the eyes which was around 35....
He told me that there is v high pressure in the eyes.....Only last month I had got my eyes checked...
The pressure tta that time was OK....He has suggested me IOTIM Drops....
Kindly advise....I am worried about my eye sight.... as I read on the internet that it is one of the biggest causes of blindness
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Glaucoma

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
A pressure of 35 cannot be left to be controlled by iotim drop only. I would be keen to use a tablet Diamox or cap Iopar SR twice a day for 3 days to bring the pressure to within around 25 which then will be easily controlled by drop only.

Since this is a transient phenomenon as it was not there sometime back, use oral medicine a short while then continue with drops.

Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 23 minutes later
Is this condition a danger to ey sight
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glaucoma

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Good of you to get back to me.
Yes ,it is a danger to eyesight if untreated.If managed well you will be fine.I personally,in my practice,do not allow this level of pressure as a raised pressure causes irreversible nerve damage.So to be safe control pressure by oral medicine and maintain by drops.
Follow up: Dr. N. K. Misra 20 minutes later
How many times i should put Iotim drops in my eyes in one day.......I usually also have dry eyes problems in summers.....Can i use any artificial eye tears or something like this with Iotim.......
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glaucoma

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Timalol maleate .5℅ has a effective time period of approximately 12 hours.This drop is to be put in twice a day.Dry eye medication can always be used simultaneously.R efresh tears drop is effective in moderate dry eye.