Suggest treatment for blurred vision post eye injury

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: poked my eye with stick. blurred vision and haze . after one day haze gone away but blurred same.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
piercing injury in eye.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

When you have said poked your eye withastick, it might have injured cornea, iris, lens or vitreous. It requires complete examination of fundus examination.

After identifying injury treatment is to be decided. Anterior chamber is to be examined. Tension can be measured. Raised tension may be due to secondary glaucoma. If tension is raised then it is to be controlled by oral diam ox. Lens damage will cause traumatic cataract .

Doctor can start subconjuctival dexamethasone and gentamycin injection. If there is vitreous bleeding then vitrectomy can be planned in latter stage.

Retina surgeon can be consulted and broad spectrum iv antibiotic can be started and given for 5days. Patient is to be kept under observation and see the recovery of vision. if pain is developed then combiflam tablet can be given after food for 5days
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj