Suggest treatment for blurred vision possibly caused by scotoma

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 14 Nov 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hello
my wife 42, no health issues and in good shape started getting a form of vision issue. basically her vision is good but the picture frame of her vision is blurry especially left side like half moon of picture frame of her vision and its moves in waves. weather has gotten cold and wondered if the eye pressure changed. any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Scotoma(blind spots)? Require fundus examination of eye

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

I can certainly understand your concern.

These symptoms probably represents a lesion at the level of retina.

Glaucoma should be ruled out.

It's important to get a Fundus examination along with IOP (intraocular pressure) monitoring to determine the future course of action.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 7 hours later
hello, a migraine followed about 30 minutes later. she became weak and went to bed. she woke up fine. thinking a possibility of migraine with aura? if continues i will take her in. i took her sugar and it was 110. neither of us are on medicine and checked mine and it was 80 thank you
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Migraine can be possible cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir.

Yes, indeed.

A migraine with aura can be a reasonable cause.

A retinal migraine can be a factir in her case causing the visual changes.

In all such cases, it's important to get CT scan of brain to rule out structural brain lesion.

Further management if any is largely based on test results.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng