• question-icon

Suggest treatment for blurred vision, headaches and thinning of hair

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been experiencing all of these symptoms for years now but their increasing in severity and frequency. I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia 20 years ago but I believe that's not my only issue. I have a problem bending feet/ankles in the morning or after laying down, my leg muscles get very stiff/hard, my joints ache especially my elbows, my forefingers are twisting inward and my finger joints are swollen twice their normal size, I have lymph nodes that are swollen and painful behind my right earlobe and just above the back of my right ear, I almost always have a unexplainable rash on my face, neck, arms, legs, abdomen. I'm very sensitive to sun, I get blurred vision, and headaches. My hair is thinning and I have bouts of no energy, very lethargic. My energy issue is resolved after injecting but returns to no energy days later. I have been tested for Lupus but was told that it's negative. My mother and sister have been diagnosed and treated for Thyroid cancer. I've been tested but told my thyroid level is within the guidelines.

There is also a history of MS in my family. I'm sorry I forgot I was supposed to lead into a question. Aside from the appearance of these crazy rash outbreaks, and my finger joints swollen, for the most part I look healthy, but I don't feel normal for me healthy. As a consequence most doctors I've seen over the past 20 years have told me that I either slept wrong and that's why my lymph nodes behind my ear are swollen, or just wear concealer makeup to cover up the appearance of the rashes. All have only offered concealment but none have been able to diagnose me. My symptoms are becoming more frequent and the severity has increased. This worries me. What's wrong with me and why haven't doctors been able to diagnose me? How do I find out what direction I need to go in order to possibly repair the damage being undiagnosed has caused?
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please send me all your test reports so that I can evaluate specifically and advise

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic,

You may be suffering from an immune disorder(not necessarily lupus) or a vitamin mineral deficiency. I am sure your doctors would have evaluated you for these by now(apart from lupus).

Can you scan/type out and send me all your test reports so that I can evaluate and advise you better?
You can also upload/attach them to the reports section of this web page.

I can advise further tests if needed.
I can also advise some further line of treatment based on them.

Please revert back.
Awaiting...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Geeta Sundar