Suggest treatment for blurred vision and muscle weakness
Hi I've had two episodes after I've taken Humira where I develop confusion, unsteady balance, problems with fine motor skills, double and blurred vision, hoarse and stecaato speech, trouble swallowing, muscle weakness and spasms, bradykinesia, eyelid droop, facial weakness, difficulty with word finding and about 2 to 3 days of confusion. The symptoms are strokelike. They last about two weeks. Symptoms begin with the week of Humira and are more mild in between treatments. These sxS are difficulty testing, memory issues and fatigue. I don't take my Humira every two weeks. I was hospitalized with each reaction. mri/mra and ct negative. MYathenia gravis testing was negative. They did not do an emg or immune work up. What is your differential for these symptoms and what tests should would you rec? This definitely correlates with Humira injections and I am wondering what could Humira unmask or even cause? Thank u.
Lupus like lesion should be ruled out.
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well, looking into your problem I would like to tell you that what you are telling is a rare phenomenon . Since you insist it follows humira administration there is a possibilty of drug induced lupus . Also demyelinating lesions are a possibilty like multiple sclerosis.
Various infections can also occur specially the viral ones which needs to be ruled out . I would advise you to get a Lumbar Puncture and CSF examination done plus MRI brain to see whats going on. It would be difficult to comment anything till we have some clue in form of investigations .
This would be bare minimum to reach to a diagnosis. Any other concerns please let me know .
MRI brain may not show abnormalities always . CSF examination may show some abnormalities which can give us a clue . In demyelinating lesions sometimes the neurological deficits can be transient so that remains the priority disease which needs consideration.
Plus if you think humira is causing all that you should stop it only after consulting your prescribing doctor to get an alternative.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blurred vision in left eye suggest treatment
- Treatment and cure for muscle weakness
- Suggest treatment for blurred vision and burning in eyes
- Treatment and cure for Blurred vision
- What is the treatment for coughstomach painheadache and blurred vision
- Blurred vision minor headaches treatment options
- Child with blurred vision suggestions
- What is the treatment for blurred vision in right eye
- What is the treatment for blurred vision dizziness and confusion
- Suggest treatment for running nose blurred vision chills and headache
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...