Suggest treatment for blurred vision after root canal treatment

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Thu, 8 Sep 2016 in Dental Health
Question: My wife got a zirconium tooth put almost 2 months back,this is the front tooth on the upper jaw.she is still having discomfort,even after a root canal treatment and a course of metrogyl 400 mg (2 daily)for 4 days,the doctor has tried all medicines and done various x rays but has failed to find why the senstivity and pain is still there.with lyser d it was better but as she left the medicine it again started,also interestingly whe she got this treatment started since then she has developed blurr vision in her eyes and also developed double vision in one eye,we got all eye and brain tests done to rule out,and all is fine,now the double vision is gone but we are concerned about the discomfort on the tooth?please suggest the next possible treatment!
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Poor prognosis of tooth, extraction is the last resort..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have read your query in detail, referred the previous follow ups and discussions and the treatment course..

If there is still pain and discomfort lingering then the most probable cause is that there is recurring flaring of infection in the tooth leading to making it a poor prognosis condition..
It is a condition when the tooth does not respond to the treatment and there is recurring pain..
In such conditions removal or extraction of tooth followed by replacing it with artificial tooth in the form of an implant or bridge is the best way to proceed..
This is the most genuine way that I will advise you to proceed..
If you still want to take a chance get a Root Canal treatment done one last time but if still there is no improvement then extraction has to be done..
You can also send me scan of her latest x ray so that I can evaluate even better..

Hope this helps..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 2 days later
Mam actually i was unable to get the xray ,the doctor showed me the xray from three differnt angles and it is fine.she had given formocrsol 3 days back,yesterday matapex and today gentamicin in the canal and left it with paper point.the doctor thinks there is inflammation that is there and no infection,as there is no sensivity any more in the tooth but the tooth is not taking pressure,when they put a temporary tooth ,she has pain.i would like to know can we leave the medicine gentamicin with the paper point in her canal!And do you think there could be any other resaon,orher than what our doc is thinkingshe has asked her to take lyser d 3 times for 3 days and she thinks it would be fine!please guide us,my wife is under alot of emotial stress,we are based in asr,and dont mind going to XXXXXXX for treatment.,
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to infection below root tips, high points in cap..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain pain and pressure on putting the crown is due to high points in the crown that causes premature contact with the opposite jaw tooth and it leads to excess pressure leading to pain..
You should wait and watch as the medicament placed in canal is appropriate that can be placed for relief..

Hope this helps..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 23 hours later
Mam,there is no cap/or cover at the moment and she has her original tooth left open,and after lyser d the pain on the tooth is only marginal.ther is no sensation of hot and cold in that tooth.but as the effect of the medicine goes the pain is back again in the tooth?what now...
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Poor prognosis of tooth..

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Welcome back..

As per all your explanation and discussions that we had it seems that the tooth is not responding to Treatment or there are recurring infections..

You should get a scan of the x ray from your dentist and upload here as it is a must for ruling out the cause .
As now the medicine is put in the canal you need to wait for a week so that if there is any infection then it will be healed..

Still if nothing works the tooth should be unfortunately extracted and a bridge or implant can be placed..

But please send an x ray first..

Regards..
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 19 hours later
Here are the x rays mam!
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
X-ray indicating infection..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As per the x rays there is a dark area just below the root tips of the tooth and it is indicating infection..
Secondly the instrument is also not reaching the root apex that shows calcification..
If there is calcification then the medication that is placed in the canal will not reach the root apex and infection will not subside..
My suggestion is that you can wait and watch for a period of 15 days and take a 7 days course of antibiotics and if still there is no improvement then the last resort can be extraction only..

Hope this helps..

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 8 hours later
Sorry to bother you for one last time,please suggest a safe antibiotic !
Brief Answer:
Detailed below..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As per your query antibiotics like Amoxicillin, Augmentin, Clindamycin, Ofloxacin and Ornidazole combination are all safe but any side effect or allergy can be determined only after intake..

However she can take Augmentin after getting prescribed by a local Dentist..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 2 days later
is clindamycin recommended for this?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

Yes, Clindamycin can be taken for this condition..

Any further questions are welcome..

Hope this helps..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T