Suggest treatment for blood vessel injury
Doctors have told me I am not a good candidate for hip surgery due to the many blood vessels in the (hip) area and the dangers of intubation.
The bone in my upper thigh is putting painful pressure on everything in the area including my skin. Radiation has been ruled out because of my spinal cord injury. The medical options seem to be few. Are there any other options you might recommend?
You can get mass excision done
I have studied your case and I do not think that hip surgery is not possible in your case. I think you can get it done. Following are precautions you need to take.
1. There is difficult intubation so you do not need to think of general anaesthesia. This surgery can be done through spinal anaesthesia.
2. For blood vessel injury surgeon, you can keep a vascular surgeon in his team during surgery. If there is any vascular injury then repair can be done at same time. I do not think that there are any chances of vascular injury if the surgeon does this dissection carefully.
Apart from removing this mass I do not think there is any other option. So I would suggest you to go to a surgeon and discuss as I told you. I hope you can go with a surgical option.
Let me know if there are any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for minor bike injury
- Suggest treatment for thumb injury
- Suggest treatment for back injury
- Suggest treatment for cervical spine injury
- Suggest treatment for post injury scar
- Suggest treatment for knee bone injury
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for ligament and tendon injury
- Suggest treatment for eyebrow injury
- Suggest treatment for knee injury