Suggest treatment for blood in stool with history of migraine

Question
This morning I noticed some blood mixed in with my stool.
I've had a migraine headache for a few weeks now, and I'm dizzy and fatigued. My abdomen has been in pain ever since. Any ideas? Is this serious? I've been checked out by doctors for the headache. My liver enzymes are also quite high
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chronic Nsaids intake is the most likely cause

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome,

I have read your history carefully.
you have had a history of migraine headaches, NSAIDS like naproxen can cause peptic ulcer leading to abdominal pain and Gastric bleeding too.

Most probably its not something very serious. I would advise a proton pump inhibitor drug to go with naproxen which you are already using, to prevent erosions and ulceration in the gastrointestinal tract. you may take an over the counter antispasmodic for now and get a Stool routine exam done later.

you are currently taking 3 antidepressant drugs , all three can raise the liver enzymes. though you should get tested for hepatitis serology to rule them out as a cause.

for the migraines I would suggest SUMATRIPTAN and NAPROXEN for aborting the acute attack and prophylaxis with low dose propranolol or amlodipine after consulting your doctor.

let me know if you have any query.
have a nice day.
thanks.