Suggest treatment for blood in stool and gut discomfort
I have continued to drink water all day today ( and yesterday preparing for the race).
Bloody diarrhea; take antibiotics
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
It looks like a case of stomach infection leading to blood in stool or dysentery. Dont worry if this is the first time you are experiencing this. I would suggest you the following-
Take plenty of oral fluid.
Take tab ofloxacin-ornidazole twice daily for 5 days. This is a prescription drug and you need to consult your doctor.
Take tab decolic if there is cramping pain.
Syrup multivitamin once daily.
Modify diet, avoid fatty food, take more fruits and dietary fibers.
Get a complete hemogram done.
Get back with reports.
Hope this was helpful.
Consult me for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Noticed blood coming out in stool suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for runny stools
- Suggest treatment for constipation and blood in stool
- Suggest treatment for klebsiella in stool
- Blood in stool suggest the treatment
- Slow gut motility treatment
- Suggest treatment for flatulence and blood in stool
- Treatment and cure for Blood in stool
- Getting blood in stool suggest remedy and treatment
- Suggest treatment for stool dumping
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?