Suggest treatment for blood in stool and diarrhea
You need antibiotics
Please send more details about your symptoms so that I am better able to help.
Is the blood coating the stools or is it mixed?
Do you have any other symptoms?
Presence of blood in stool along with loose motions implies that you are having an infection in your digestive system , This generally follows consumption of infected food.
Please dont worry , take lots of fluids like lemon juice , fruit juices and keep your hydration adequate , please drink as much water as you can.You can also start Oral rehydration solution (ORS) , if available near you.
You will need antibiotics for controlling the infection and i would like you to meet your doctor immediately as they have to be started as soon as possible. The usual antibiotics are ciprofloxacin with ornidazole or tinidazole combination , 500 mg , taken twice a day. However it would be advisable to meet your doctor before starting them.
Please take care and meet your doctor immediately.
Get well soon
its my pleasure!
Glad to be of service!
Hope you get well soon!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and peeling skin
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea caused by metranidazole
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- What treatment is suggested for diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea when on zoloft
- Diarrhea zerolac diet greenish stool constipation suggest treatment
- Diarrhea blood in stools gas cramps sleeping a lot treatment
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea with sinus
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea