Suggest treatment for blood in diarrhea

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I've had numerous bouts of diaharrea since early this morning (woke me up @ 1230) and there's bright red blood with this, each time...should I consult a doctor?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you need to consult your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

You are having dysentery which should be managed by antibiotics.

I would suggest you to consult your doctor for below mentioned medications

1. Tab ZIFI 200 mg, twice daily for 5 days
2. Tab Zinic, 50 mg, three times a day for 7 days. This will help to boost up the immunity and fasten the recovery.
3. Tab Rantac, 150 mg, twice daily.

These aforementioned medications will help to control the symptoms and improve the condition.

You need to consult your doctor for physical examination and prescription for the medicines.
Thank you.