Suggest treatment for blood blister on top of tongue

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was sitting on my sofa and felt a foreign object on the top of my tongue. When I look at it appeared to be a blood blister and dark around the blister. I did not bite my tongue. I was very aware when it came. It seem to just appear. Could you give me some idea of what it could be. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood Blister on top of Tongue?under Investigation

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Blood Blister on top of Tongue?under Investigation

Hi,Thanks for your query.
I studied your query meticulously.

Causes of the Sudden appearing Blood Blister of the Tongue-
Based on the facts of your query,Blood Blister could be due to the-
unnoticed bite to the AV malformations in tongue or could be due to the burst tongue vein, or they could be due to unnoticed trauma with Vit B12 and Vit C deficiency.
Considering your advanced age of 71,where risks outweigh for malignant than the benign tumors due to sudden appearance of Blood blister on top of your tongue,I would suggest you for to get the physical assessment of your case soon from Surgeon and Oral Surgeon.

But you should not worry,till the diagnosis is made by a Surgeon and Oral Surgeon if need be,who is the right specialist to comment on after physical examination.

Remedies-
As there is no past complaint and history of any oral disease and you seem to be in a good health before,I would suggest you few Remedies-
zyte gel locally to soothe any pain,if it is there.
Honey locally would soothen the irritants, if any caused it.
Cold Compress with Ice cubes-
Anti-inflammatory drugs like NSAID
Chymotrypsin -for reducing any edema
Vit B12 and Folic Acid to support fast healing -all drugs to be taken with script from your doctor and his guidance.
-Get Second opinion from Surgeon and Oral Surgeon to rule out any dental sharp edges and who would investigate the case as per the merits of its examination findings and would plan needful treatment soon.
You should not worry till expert opinion is taken and investigated.

Welcome for any further information and query in this regard,which I would love to reply.
Hope this reply would help to resolve your anxiety and worry.
Keep Me updated on the progress of your case after investigations,by a direct question to ME at HCM
and I would love to help you out in time to come on this issue.

Wishing you fast recovery.
,Will appreciate your excellent feedback review comments, to help needy patient visitors like you,at HCM services.

Good Day!!

Dr.SavasKar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 42 hours later
I visited my dentist yesterday. He does not feel that it is anything. We are going to watch the spot area on my tongue. I really appreciate you contacting me as I was really upset. Your response eased my mind. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Breif Ans-Blood Blister on top of Tongue?under Investigation.

Hi,Thanks for your pleasing appreciation.
My pleasure to resolve your emergency call.
It's good that you took dental surgeons opinion as suggested.
Wait and watch,as suggested by dental surgeon.

Welcome anytime in time to come.
Keep me updated by direct question if need be.

Will appreciate you,Writing excellent feedback review comments, to help needy patient visitors like you,at HCM services.

Good Day!!

M.S.Genl-CVTS