Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for blocked nose

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 816 Questions
Hello Doctor ... My son suffers from a frequent nose block in winter. Sometimes, if we force him to remove the flum, nose bleed happens. Is there a remedy to prevent nose block.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: avoid temperature variation and get ENT checkup Detailed Answer: vasomotor rhinitis. Forceful nose nose blowing should be avoided because the mucus forms again in no time. Use local pressure on nose from both sides to control bleeding which usually stops in 5minutes.Some children may have a Deviated nasal septum as a cause for nose blocks, it needs surgical correction. One simple remedy is giving a combination decongestant medicine stat with the first symptom and ask the child to rest in bed for half an hour, the problem would not increase beyond. Try these options your child will forget the cold so would you, I hope. If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you. Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor