Suggest treatment for blocked nasal passage
Can see polyp or cyst but there is limitations.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. It is possible to see the shadow of polyp or cyst by x ray. But there is only limited information we can get from that. If further information is needed a CT or MRI should be performed.
Such polyps can block the sinus drainage and cause sinusitis which gives sinus a hazy appearance on x ray. In such case endoscopic study will help to get information. Excision of cyst and drainage of sinus can be performed though that also.
A consultation with a dentist also should be done to rule out any possibility of recurrence of odontogenic keratocyst. It rarely appears in maxilla. Usual appearance is in mandibular area. But in case of appearing in maxillary region there is possibility of extension towards maxillary sinus. It can give hazy appearance of sinus also. But usually can differentiate such hazyness in X ray itself. A CT or MRI will give more information in case of inconsistency.
Regarding your last question: Here your right maxillary sinus hazy which give signs of right maxillary sinusitis. This can be the reason of right nasal block. Left sided polyp is not a cause of this block. May be your polyp on left side doesn't block the left sinus drainage. Endoscopy will give an accurate picture for all of these.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for nasal blockage
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Is sudafed nasal decongestant used in the treatment of blocked nose ?
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for nasal allergy
- Nasal passage blockage treatment
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion