Suggest treatment for blocked eustachian tube
I have suffered with Eustachian Tube dysfunction for many years. Usually this has occurred every spring, but over the past several years my Eustachian Tubes have become blocked beginning in Nov.-Dec and continued into the spring. I have consulted an ENT specialist and I have taken antibiotics and prescription nasal spray. This has been somewhat helpful. In addition, this year, I have had post-nasal drip (probably from my sinuses) and has made me hoarse. So I can't hear and I can't talk. This has really become problematic for me! Suggestions? Thank You, XXXX
Eustachian tube blockage
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Chronic Eustachian tube blockage is usually associated with nasal disease. As you are saying you have sinusitis, you should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done.
Any sinus disease if present should be treated. It will help to decongest the tube.
Secondly if you don't have much sinusitis but there is recurrent eustachian tube blockage, you can get a tympanotomy done to avoid symptoms.
The postnasal drip is due to sinusitis only.
Take a combination of levocetrizine and montelukast once daily Along with nasal decongestant.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blocked eustachian tube treatment
- Blocked eustachian tube remedy
- Guaifenesin for blocked eustachian tube
- Blocked eustachian tube toothache
- Treatment and cure for Blocked eustachian tube
- Chronic blocked eustachian tube
- Acupuncture blocked eustachian tubes
- What is the cause and treatment for blocked eustachian tube
- Blocked eustachian tube hypertension
- Clear blocked eustachian tubes
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?