question-icon

Suggest treatment for blocked ears caused by ear infection

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I have been suffering from middle ear infection from the past three months.As as a result my ears are blocked now and then. How can I cute it?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You maybe suffering from the glue ear

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query and understand your concern; most probably you maybe suffering from the glue ear.

I would like you suggest that you may add mucolytic tablet, steam inhalation, chew gum containing xylitol and valsalva maneuver in your above mentioned prescription after consulting with your doctor.

I would also suggest that get some investigation done to reach the near diagnosis and to rule out other disease such as otoendoscopy, pure tone audiometry and impedance audiometry.

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist