Suggest treatment for blocked ears and ear pain and dizziness after turbinate surgery

Question
Hi, 4 months ago I had turbinate surgery to remove the bones, as my ears were blocking so this operation was suppose to eventually open up the ear tubes . It hasn't helped one bit , ears are worse than ever they were and can't get any relief ears blocked ear pain and pressure , dizzy spells , will it ever get any better or is that just the way it's going to be from now on , can't leave the house , can't drive the car , been stuck in the house for months it's so bad and can't travel to see any doctor as being in the car makes it even worse, please help
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not normal

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. What you refer is not supposed to happen after turbinate surgery. Moderate pain and stuffiness is fine for a few days but after such surgery, there should be a swift recovery.
I strongly recommend you see your doctor. Even though you can’t drive you can take a cab or ask a friend for a ride.
What may have happened here is either excessive scar tissue, or turbinate regrowth. Without a physical exam it is impossible to tell for sure.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Wishing you good health and all the best

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for blocked ears and ear pain and dizziness after turbinate surgery 50 minutes later
Thanks for your reply , what do you mean by excessive scar tissue and how could that be resolved? I've an ENT app in January .

My ENT doc said it could take a year for the scarring to open up the ear tubes , will my ears ever be normal again?

Could the tissue be blocking my ears ?

I also keep getting big lumps of stuff out of my nose see attached pic , is that normal still after 4 months ?

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see as below

Detailed Answer:

Usually, as the wound is heals, normal tissue gets replaced by scar tissue, which made of a network or fibers, but sometimes there is over production of scar tissue, which is bulky and hard, which may result in blockage.

Yes, your ears will be normal again. I am not familiar with your complete medical history and the specifics of the surgery, but depending on the degree of turbinate swelling, it may take up to a year for complete opening of the ear tubes.

The final answer lays with your ENT doctor.

Wishing you good health and all the best.