Suggest treatment for blocked and bloody nose
Thanks for your help.
Amlodipine can cause stuffy nose and bleeding...
Thanks for posting the query. I will try my best to help you out with this problem.
The few common side effects of amlodipine related to the upper respiratory tract include, frequent upper respiratory tract infections, swelling, sore throat and stuffy nose. Not everyone taking Amlodipine experiences this problem. Only a few individuals, who may not tolerate this drug, can get the above problems.
The bloody discharge is due to the congestion present in the nose. During congestion when you try to clean the nose, the tiny engorged blood vessels break off leading to oozing of the blood and this is normal.
My sincere suggestion to you is to discuss this problem with your doctor and request him to change the anti-hypertensive medicine. Also, you need you use saline nasal spray to reduce the nasal congestion and stop the bleeding. Drink lots of warm water, do steam inhalation and try taking oral decongestant such as pseudoephedrine, you will definitely feel better.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bloody nose slap foot treatment
- Nausea and bloody nose
- Missing period bloody nose
- Low hemoglobin and bloody nose
- Suggest treatment for bloody nose discharge and burning sensation
- Treatment for chronic bloody nose
- Scabby bloody nose stuffy hard to breath treatment
- Lice treatment bloody nose
- Coughing blowing out mucus balls bloody nose chest pains treatment
- Treatment for frequent bloody nose