Suggest treatment for bloating and gas

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: It seems like no matter what I eat, I experience constant gas (odorous)& bloating, is it diary that causes this?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Gas and bloating can be caused by a diet. However, as the most of the gas in digestive tract is produced by bacteria, some mild bacterial infection or lac of good intestinal bacteria can be the reason. This is more probable especially that there is no difference in eaten food type.
That is why I suggest you to start with probiotic intake. You may add some yoghurt to your diet as well. Try to avoid any sweets like chocolate, carbonated drinks, fatty foods.
If this wont help, stool test should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.