Suggest treatment for bloating, acid reflux and increased stool frequency

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: Dear Dr.,

I had chronic Gastro issues, bloating, acid reflux before. Now it appears less often however my bowel seems to be irritated as in motion is frequent and in small trips.

I work in night shift and food is also a problem while working in night. Good meal scarcity.

Need your advice. Appreciate it.
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dyspepsia related indigestion

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern for GI symptoms
1) Bloating, acid reflux, increased stool frequency suggest possibility of indigestion due to dyspepsia.
2) In dyspepsia, inadequate amount of acid is produced which leads to inadequate digestion of ingested food. This is responsible for development of bloating, increasing frequency of stool, abdominal heaviness after food intake.
3) Severe gastritis (inflammation to stomach) is main reason for development of dyspepsia.
4) Upper GI endoscopy can confirm this condition.
5) Treatment include medication for acidity, medication for indigestion, medication for abdominal pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 1 hour later
Thank you for your quick response. Could you please prescribe any medicine? Any food items that Should be avoided?
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment for gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

1) Avoid spicy, oily, overcooked, unhygienic food
2) Tab Unienzyme, Tab Pantoprazole-D would be sufficient for your symptoms.

Take Care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee