Suggest treatment for bloated stomach and constant burps

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in GERD
Question: Hi I am burping since about than a week ago. and my stomach is bloated. The ony thing i can relate is this: one night, late at night, i ate a lot of hot wings (which i never do) and the next day i ate hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch (which i never do either) + the same day at night i went to the movies and ate the biggest size of popcorn with a lot of butter (which i do sometimes). After these 2 days. I woke up nauseous and kind of bloated. I was nauseous for 2 days approx (not to bad to rest, but i felt unconfortable for the nauseous). After these 2 days the nausea was gone, however I started to burp and burp. and it hasn't gone + my bloated stomach...

Also i have to mention that i have gas and it is the smelling kind of gas. It's weird... after those couple of days. i came back to my regular diet but still i feel the burp, the gas and the bloated stomach...
how can i stop all this?

any advice pls is welcome and I am also worried if can be something more serious.
thanks so much

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advised Omeprazole

Detailed Answer:

Symptoms you described are bloating stomach,nausea,uncomfortable and burp followed by heavy meal mostly due to acid reflux.
I were your treating doctor I would suggest Omeprazole ( Prilosec) tablet.
This is the over the counter medicine.
You should take this tablet 30 minutes before break fast for 2 weeks.
I also suggest you
Avoid heavy meal,fast food,junk food.
Restrict hot beverages like tea, coffee.
Avoid smoking and alcohol.
Eat healthy food like vegetables and fruits.
Drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju